Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Janeen Kohler / Staff Retreat / Monteagle Report #1

Janeen . . .
Janeen Kohler did a great job speaking tonight!  We are so blessed to have so many talented speakers at Indian Lake. Janeen and her husband Steve are a true blessing to our church.

Staff Retreat - the reason
Our first staff retreat was a dream come true for me because I have always looked forward to raising up a strong team around me.   I am so impressed with the staff God has brought to work with me and Beth. I have been on staff at other large churches, and I found that the times we traveled together had a very positive effect on me.   Changing environments for two days gave us a chance to deepen our relationships, have more time to explore important subjects and analyze issues we had delayed action on.  Some of the nicer parts of the trips are also a reward for a job well done by these dedicated employees.

MonteagleReport #1

The retreat took place on Monday and Tuesday in Monteagle, TN.  Monteagle is half-way between Nashville and Chattanooga.  On the old highway 41 between Chicago and Miami, it is the highest point at 2,000 ft. elevation.  You would expect it to be a typical small southern city, but it is really quite a sophisticated place.  There is a lot of variety in culture for a small community.  We stayed at a Bed & Breakfast called Monteagle Inn.  The house was not as isolated as the picture made it appear, but being in the center of town ended up being quite convenient.  I was pleased with the customer service and laid back atmosphere.  The breakfast was delicious - the blueberry scone was especially tasty.  I wish we would have done more work on the front porch, but there were not enough plug-ins for all of our lap tops on the porch.  Another downfall of technology!

No comments: