Friday, August 10, 2007

Indianapolis


I am in Indianapolis right now. It is my first time, and I have found it to be exactly like David Letterman has always described - a bit "bland." Still, it is a nice city.

I drove up here with two of my pastor friends - Clay and Damon. We drove up Wednesday and will be back Friday night. We are part of the national meeting for the Assemblies of God. The reason I came to this is because we are electing 4 of the top 6 positions for this fellowship of churches. Its really an historic time period for our little world - a changing of the guard.

Today at lunch my Texas and Tennessee world collided with a lunch that included the guys mentioned above, Eddie and Amanda Turner, Scott and Jenni Wilson, John and Melissa Mckinzie, and Tom Wilson. It was on odd combination, but a great lunch. It was kind of neat to be the one to pull that group together. I only wish Beth was with us.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Welcome George Wood