Sunday, June 15, 2008

Blog Catch Up


I have abandoned the "blogging" world the last two weeks for no good reason. However, it's been a great summer so far, and I have had two short, but amazing trips.

Colorado
- In late May, Beth and I went to Colorado to officiate a wedding at the Air Force Academy (notice pictures of the amazing Cadet Chapel). It was such a privilege that the Linz family brought us there, as they are such special friends of our. I am very impressed with Charles Linz and his new bride Jennifer. They are a wonderful young couple. I love the Denver area!




Philly / NYC

- On Thursday and Friday I went to the suburbs of Philadelphia to visit my friend Rick Steimling. It just so happened, that Jonathan Lee & Matt Underwood were leading worship just a few miles away at The East Coast Worship Summit (www.eastcoastworship.com). It was a blessing to hear Jonathan lead in a different setting; Paul Jackson was their with Media Shout - so I hung out with Paul after the conference. On Friday, Rick and I drove to New York City (about two hours) to watch a Mets game in Shea Stadium (see pic above). It was fun to sit among the locals. The crowd had a definite New York flavor, which made the night entertaining and colorful. Oh yeah, there was a baseball game, too.

No comments: