Saturday, July 19, 2008

Woking From Home

Working From Home
I have started working from home on some days. I did this exclusively in 2005-2006, so I have the remnant of a functional home office. I love seeing people at the church during the week. Being with people is what I love about my job. However, solitude and focused study is so beneficial for my creativity, speaking and spiritual leadership. When describing this same dilemma about himself, Mark Batterson described me also:

Just thought I'd share a personal observation I've made recently. On personality assessments I come out as an extrovert. But as a pastor I'm around people all the time so I honestly feel like I get my batteries charged by time alone. I love days like today--lots of interaction with lots of people. It's energizing. But it's also exhausting. So I've come to the conclusion that I'm an extrovert by personality and an introvert by necessity. If I didn't have an outlet to be with people I'm sure I'd go crazy. But because of the nature of what I do--pastoring a church . . . lots of meetings--I need some PT to stay fresh. = Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com - Tuesday, July 15, 2008)

Great Quote #1
Friendship is like an involuntary reflex, it just happens – Narrator on TV Show How I Met Your Mother (I don't recommend the show . . . but, I love the quote)

GoDaddy.Com
Highly Recommended
If you ever get the urge to buy a url, please choose www.godaddy.com. I have used all the domain companies, and this one is the cheapest, easiest to navigate and has the best customer service. And no, they did not pay for this celebrity endorsement.

No comments: