Friday, July 4, 2008

Cook Out / Gatlinburg

Cook Out
On Wednesday, the church had our Independence Day Cook Out. It was a great success - good turn out, great hamburgers, perfect weather. It would not have happened without the hard work of the Acevedos and Barnetts. Great job guys!

Gatlinburg
Yesterday, my family all took off for Gatlinburg. We are in an incredible, brand new cabin in a community called Settlers Ridge. It far exceeded our expectations! I have already been able to relax and spend time with my kids and nephews. Since I am not preaching on Sunday, this is one of the few times in the year I can mentally relax. We are about to leave for a favorite spot in the Smokey National Park - a natural stream shallow enough for the kids to swim in, and clear enough to see them when they slip and fall.

July 4th
Happy 232 to the US!

No comments: