When I think about Sunday, I feel great about The Church at Indian Lake. Beyond the service (which was a good one), we had positive things happen beyond the hour and thirty minutes.
- Our men's Bible Study before church has grown.
- We have a great sign up for our Newcomers Dinner on Tuesday . . . our best group yet!
- The Young Adult lunch was well attended and a positive experience . . . the group is really growing in camaraderie.
- Kenny Powell and Chris Taylor took a small group of boys (including my son Luke) to Circus World as a reward for their Scripture memorization over the summer. Kenny and Chris are great leaders! Luke had the time of his life!
- Both of our 242 Hendersonville Groups were packed . . . we had lots of young families involved (thank you church for paying for childcare).
- We are starting the 4.6 Experience for 4th - 6th graders on September 7 . . . this is our most crucial age of discipleship. I am pumped about this!
God is building a great church, and the Sunday service is just one aspect of it. The most effective ministry usually happens outside the Sunday morning service.